Friday, September 24, 2010

Review : Linger by Maggie Stiefvater


*Warning: This review may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.


  • PublisherScholastic, Inc.
  • Publication date4/29/2014
  • Page: 384
Source: Own

The Story

In Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love—the light and the dark, the warm and the cold—in a way you will never forget.


--via Maggie Stiefvater's website

Rating
THREE Gold Stars!!!

My Review: One word: GOOD, BUT...

So I was super excited when the sequel to Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver was released. Long before I even finished with Shiver I was anxious to read Linger. Unfortunately, I have to admit that after reading Linger I was a bit disappointed. The sequel seemed to lose the Sam and Grace element -- yes, they were still themselves but there really weren't any make-me-coo moments like in Shiver. But I rather enjoyed the whole bad-ass, ex-junkie Cole and misunderstood, snippy Isabel dynamic; I am very interested in seeing what path their relationship is going to take in the next book. Overall, Linger is a good book and I am still a faithful Wolves of Mercy Falls fan and fidgeting in my seat for the last book of the trilogy, Forever [2011].

Here is a couple of lines that I enjoyed from Linger:

Grace & Sam: "
I wrote Get a job. He wrote Keep loving my job. I wrote Stay madly in love. He wrote Stay human.
'Because I'll always be madly in love,' he said, ..." -page 24

Check out Maggie Stiefvater website for more information about her: HERE

*** Also Linger has a neat book trailer on YouTube: HERE

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...